It's three weeks for Dreamwidth time again, which has crept up somewhat. That means it's time to run the Trope Fest again, yay!
As this came up a few times last time, from TV Tropes
(warning: horrifically addicting website), this is what a trope is:
Tropes are devices and conventions that a writer can reasonably rely on as being present in the audience members' minds and expectations. On the whole, tropes are not clichés. The word clichéd means "stereotyped and trite." In other words, dull and uninteresting. We are not looking for dull and uninteresting entries. We are here to recognize tropes and play with them, not to make fun of them.
Here are the rules, slightly modified from last year:
1. This a fest that hopes to encourage more fanworks about relationships between female characters, both gen and femslash. The term 'female character' should be understood to include all characters that canonically identify as or present as women or girls some or all of the time. I trust your judgement!
2. All fanworks are allowed. This includes but is not limited to art, vids, fic, podfic, graphics, crafts, filks, rec lists, meta and picspam. Fanworks can be posted as comments or posted to your own journal/webspace and left as a link. Fanworks can be made as a response to a specific prompt or simply featuring any of the tropes listed below, and you’re welcome to create things for your own prompts.
3. Please include the following information in some format when posting:
Content Notes: (choose not to provide/none apply/contains non-con/dub-con/underage sex/graphic violence/other)
Friday 27th April (now): Post opens for prompts.
Wednesday 2nd May: Post goes up for fills.
5. Prompting: please format your prompts as 'fandom, characters/ship, prompt'. Examples:
'Any fandom, any queer female character, undercover straight'
'Community, Annie/Britta, strip poker'
'The Good Wife/White Collar, Kalinda and Diana (gen or slash), stuck in a lift'
'Legend of Korra, Korra and Lin, bodyswap'
You can leave as many prompts as you want per comment, and feel free to edit, though once I start collating prompts on Tuesday I can't guarantee your edits will make the list. Please also be considerate when prompting for currently airing canon and avoid major spoilers.
6. If you have any problems, questions or concerns at any stage during festivities, feel free to send me a PM or email me at such.heights at gmail. If you aren’t subscribed to my journal and want to keep up to date with the fest, you can subscribe to the tag 'female character trope fest'.( BIG LIST OF TROPES )