|Amy (such_heights) wrote,|
@ 2008-02-29 10:57 pm UTC
|Entry tags:||fandom: torchwood, fandom: torchwood: episode reactions|
I loved this, I really did. Torchwood, what is with this consistent quality? I do not understand, but moar plz!
* The pre-title sequence was fantastic - could have been cheesy, but I thought they really pulled it off. Oh, Owen, and since when did I ever think I'd type that?
* So Ianto uses alien machinery to make the coffee? Awesome! And that scene with him and Owen was wonderful, and like I've seen mentioned elsewhere, made me think of paperclipbitch's fic like crazy, which is both odd and kinda cool.
* Ok, so. What the heck is up with Jack these days? This episode, he's giving Owen a really hard time, letting Gwen do everything for him, seemingly having no time for anyone but Martha. Not cool, Harkness, not cool at all. Last season it was different because Jack's behaviour was all for a Reason and whatnot. Now, his own desperate plan to save an employee's life doesn't quite work out like he planned and rather than being supportive he just shuts off completely? Pfft. It seems rather unexplained and unnecessary. I think that really is my only complaint for this episode.
* Tosh ranting about work was unexpetedly awesome - see, resident geek with added personality! She was lovely throughout this episode - not hiding her feelings but not giving Owen a free ride either. And that scene right at the end when she gets him to talk to her was all kinds of wonderful. I liked that it wasn't some sappy resolution of the plotline that's been bubbling, just that she cared about him and he was willing to let her do that. ♥
* I enjoyed the exploration of the implications of Owen's new condition - it's so bizarre yet interesting. They love being morbid and kinda existentialist, don't they? And I love them for it!
* Right, this is a really odd observation, but did Owen's mission into the house remind anyone else of a computer game? I don't know what it was, something about the way it was filmed, maybe.
* Oh, Owen, again, being a big hero and talking down the security guard and generally being awesome.
* Unexpected Richard Briers! The scene between the two of them was wonderful. And yes, Tosh does indeed have very nice legs. Owen's inability to give CPR was really tragic, and a nice way to emphasise just how much he's lost.
* I think that I would have liked the scenes on the roof being intercut with the story more if there wasn't something about the other actor that bothered me. No idea what it was, but she just didn't sit quite right even though I enjoyed the idea.
* My dormant Jack/Martha shipper had a fun outing at the end! Just because everyone else has had a go, and mutual saluting and cheek-touching and eee. ♥