|Amy (such_heights) wrote,|
@ 2007-01-14 10:24 am UTC
|Entry tags:||fandom: harry potter, things: memes|
1. Are you going to look at every possible spoiler you can before the book comes out? Did you with HBP and how accurate were the ones you saw?
No, no! Alas, I was spoiled last time by Sky News of all people, who ran an item that in the town were HBP was being published there'd been a lot of bets placed on Dumbledore dying. I shall do what I can to avoid them this time.
2. What will you do if Amazon (or whoever;) don’t deliver your copy on time, and everyone is reading it except you?
Hopefully won't happen unless my bookshop runs out of copies or something similar.
3. Will you read the last chapter before anything else? Are you planning to read the book all in one go or are you a slow reader?
I'm terrible for opening new books at random pages and taking quick peeks, but hopefully I shall restrain myself. I'm tempted to start reading from midnight this year - in previous years I haven't started 'til the next morning.
4. What’s your theory on the meaning of “Deathly Hallows?”
I think it's a place Harry is going to have to go, either to find the last Horcrux or to get some help from somebody sinister.
5. What’s the craziest Harry Potter theory you’ve got, which you could only share with your trusted f-list?
Sadly, I tend not to be that inventive with my theories.
6. If you could write in a sub-plot of your own choosing to the main Harry one, what would it be?
Can we have a whole Marauders thing for about three chapters? Well, hopefully we will get a bit more but that'll be through Harry, so as for a side plot I'd like Luna, Neville and Ginny being useful at Hogwarts, convincing everyone of what's going on etc.
7. Who do you think will die in the book, and who would you be most upset to see die, even if you don’t think it’s likely?
Goners: Voldemort, Bellatrix, various other DEs (I'd quite like Lucius to go, partly because I think it'd be interesting to see the effect on Narcissa and Draco). I think there's going to be at least one main character omgawful death, which could be Remus or a Weasley, and much as I'd hate it, I half-think Harry's going to snuff it.
I really will be gutted if she kills Harry off, and though I think it's less likely, Ron or Hermione too.
8. Name three main (ish) characters who you think will definitely live and why. Is there a very minor character(s) you really want to have a happy ending?
I don't think Luna's going anywhere - for any of the kids to die, I think there'll have to be a pretty major Reason, and Luna hasn't really got a background that makes her a likely candidate - I hope! I think Ron & Hermione are staying around to put everything back together afterwards, and also because I think they would have got together in book 6 if one of them was going to kick the bucket.
I'd like good things to happen to any member of the DA or the Order, really.
9. If you don’t like the book, or are bitterly disappointed by it, do you think you’ll still stay in the fandom?
Unlikely to happen, but I'd probably stick around anyway! I think it'll be a while before I go anywhere.
10. One word (or concise) answers only!
- Snape: good, evil, own agenda?
- Bill: will he help Remus or just be on permanent honeymoon?
Help someone or other, I hope.
- Peter: a Gryffindor moment or not?
A sort of one, yes.
- Harry: is he a Horcrux?
- The Weasley’s: will they all survive?
- If no to the above: who won’t?
Could be almost any of them, I think.
- Did Snape love Lily: yay or nay!
Nay! A thousand times nay!
- Hogwarts: will they go back to school or not?
In general, yes. Trio, no, though I think Hermione will come back to the library at some point.
- Remus and Tonks: will they get married in the book?
I don't think so, actually.
- Bellatrix: who will be her nemesis?
- The new leader of the OotP is …?
- Percy: will he see the error of his ways or not?
To an extent, if he survives that long.
11. If Harry could take just one adult Order of the Phoenix member with him on the search for Horcruxes, who should it be and why?
Snape! Except he won't. Shame, that.
12. Will Remus and Greyback have a confrontation in human or werewolf form? Will Tonks be involved? Who will the other werewolves support?
I would love this to happen, and for us to get a real glimpse into werewolves, but I think it probably won't happen, or if it does we won't see much of it.
13. Who is the person from Harry’s class (and it isn’t him, Ron or Hermione), who will become a Hogwart’s teacher? What subject will they teach?
Most Predicatable Answer Ever - Neville as Herbology. I think that's almost certain.
14. Do you think Harry will observe Remus looking less lined and walking with a little more of a spring in his step? If so, do you think he'll attribute it to Tonks, and if he does, will he blush?
15. Will Ginny use, "But Professor Lupin saw the futility of being a noble prat!" for one of her million arguments with Harry about why they should be together? Do you think they’ll get back together at all?
I don't think she'll be arguing with him at all, actually. But yes, of course they'll get back together at some point, or have a Moment or whatever.
16. Which house do you think Tonks is in, and why? Is she going to morph into someone important and who will it be?
Oh, she was probably a Gryffindor I suppose. I suspect we won't find out, though, doesn't strike me as important. I'm sure the morphing will come into it, even if it's just mentioned, because otherwise it's a little pointless.
17. Who will be revealed to be the heir of Gryffindor?
No one! I don't think there is one (and if there is, of course it's Harry). Partly because I have my own little thing that Godric never had kids, but also because I don't think there's a need - Slytherin is all about blood lines and heritage etc, but that's presented as a bad thing. In Gryffindor, anyone's good enough to be a true Gryffindor, heir or not!
18. As JKR has promised the final chapter will be like an epilogue; how do you think the final paragraph (hopefully) donated to Remus’ future, and/or Tonks’, and/or anyone else you want to write a paragraph on, will read?
Ron and Hermione got married and had lots of babies, plz. What I really want, though, is careers - what jobs are these people going to be doing after all of this?
19. Which question from the books would it annoy you most not to have answered?
The mirrors from OotP, what Pettigrew's life debt might be.
20. What do you think the last line of the book is?
Something along the lines of: "Harry pushed his hair back from his forehead, staring into the mirror. There was no scar."